- Packing in professional storage boxes will make storing and unpacking easier and safer, saving you time and worry. Professional packing and storage accessories will help maintain the condition of goods for the term of their storage. These packing supplies can be purchased from Eagle Eye Self Storage Tamworth.
- Use uniform sizes of boxes to make best use of the total storage space.
- Ensure that boxes are clearly marked with the contents of each box and their destination. Take home a list of the labelled boxes for easy reference when you need to locate your goods.
- Fill boxes to capacity. Pack out boxes with paper. Partially full or bulging boxes may tip or collapse.
- Be careful that the weight is appropriate to the box and the person lifting it and pack no more than 20kgs in a single box. Heavy items such as books or tools should be packed in small boxes. If a box is too heavy it will be hard to lift.
- To prevent injury, lift boxes using your legs and not your back.
- Do not stack boxes more than shoulder height to avoid injury when moving boxes.
- Positioning of boxes - Place large, heavy items that you can stack upon at the rear of your storage unit, then work forwards and upwards with lighter and fragile items.
- When storing furniture, and items on top of furniture, drape moving blankets over the furniture. This will help prevent the furniture from being scratched or marked.
- Place those items that you may need to access often, in the front of your storage unit. Depending on the goods you have stored, you may need to allow for walk ways.
- Do not store wet items as they can cause water damage, mould and mildew.
- Use a good quality padlock on your storage unit door. Cheap locks may rust or become difficult to open and close. (Good quality padlocks may be purchased through Eagle Eye Self Storage)
- Insurance: It is recommended you insure your goods whilst in storage. Speak with the staff at Eagle Eye Self Storage Tamworth, they can assist you in arranging insurance cover.
Free Truck & Driver Move in Tamworth
24Hour Pin Access
Individually Alarmed Units
Access 365 Days A Year
*Conditions Apply Please Call
Eagle Eye Self Storage FAQs
- What is the minimum amount of time I can take a self storage unit for?
Storage units in our Tamworth premises can be taken for as little time as one month.
- How much notice do I need to provide to obtain a self storage unit?
This depends on unit availability and required unit size. Speak to our professionally trained staff, who will be able to assist with your enquiries.
- How often can I access my self storage unit?
Your unit may be accessed 24 hours, 7 days a week as per the Standard Storage Agreement.
- Can anyone else access my unit?
On rental of a unit, customers will be required to supply their own padlock to secure their unit. Padlocks can be purchased from Eagle Eye Self Storage, Tamworth. Only those you permit to access your unit will be able to do so.
- Can I drive to the door of my self storage unit?
Eagle Eye Self Storage, Tamworth provides wide driveways for easy truck and vehicle access direct to the door of all larger units. Some smaller units are located internally with only a few metres to parking areas.
- Is there anything I cannot store?
Laws limit what may and may not be stored at a Self Storage facility. This includes illegal, stolen or dangerous items; live animals and plants; food items; flammable, explosive, perishable, toxic or environmentally hazardous materials. Items needing environmentally controlled conditions should not be stored. Additional information can be provided by Eagle Eye Self Storage staff.
- Are my possessions insured against damage?
Your possessions are valuable and insurance is recommended. Insurance coverage may be purchased through Eagle Eye Self Storage. Please speak with staff to arrange this coverage.
- Am I eligible to use the free truck to move into my self storage unit?
Eagle Eye Self Storage is happy to be able to provide customers within a 10km radius of the facility, or within the Tamworth City Limits; with a free truck and driver when moving in.
Conditions apply, so please contact Eagle Eye Self Storage staff for further details.
- Do I need a special licence to drive the truck?
Eagle Eye Self Storage staff will drive the truck, so no licence is required.
- Am I eligible to use the free trailer to move into my unit?
Eagle Eye Self Storage is happy to be able to provide customers with a free covered box trailer when moving in. Customers will require a suitably sized vehicle with a tow bar to tow the trailer. Please contact Eagle Eye Self Storage staff for further information.
- Do I need to pay any additional fees?
A one off $20 admin fee is payable on signing the agreement.
- How can I pay for my self storage unit?
Units may be paid for in a number of ways, including, direct deposit, cheque, credit card, or in cash at our onsite office.
- Are the units clean, dry and free of pests?
Our Self Storage units are specially designed and regularly maintained to ensure they are kept dry and secure. Every endeavour is made to provide a pest free environment, including a regular preventative fumigation programme.
- How much notice do I need to give when moving out?
Seven (7) Days notice in writing is required prior to vacating your self storage unit.
- Do I need to have a Self Storage Unit to Hire Moving Packs and Trolleys?
Anyone can hire the Moving Equipment from Eagle Eye Self Storage, however; all customers must sign an agreement when hiring the equipment.
- Do I need to hire Moving Equipment when booking the free Move-In Trailer?
The Free Move-in Trailer does not have this equipment. Hiring the packs will help make your move easier and assist in protecting your goods during the move.
At Eagle Eye Self Storage Tamworth, the security of your possessions is a priority and our storage facility contains advanced security systems.
- Individually Alarmed Units
- Pin Coded Gate Entry
- Security Fencing
- On Site Office and Manager in Tamworth
- 24 Hour Security Surveillance
- Facility Lighting
- Full Fire Protection
- Regular Preventative Fumigation Program
- Insurance Coverage Available for Stored Items