Checklist For Moving
Eagle Eye Self Storage Tamworth provides supplies for packing and has a truck and trailer available to assist when moving possessions into our storage facility. (Conditions apply on the use of the truck and trailer).
Note: The checklist below is a guide, and while every care has been taken putting this list together, Eagle Eye Self Storage takes no responsibility in errors or omissions from this list.
Six to four weeks prior to moving
- Contact Eagle Eye Self Storage to discuss storage unit sizes and availability
- If renting, give your landlord 30 days or the notice required by your lease agreement
- Discard anything that needs to be thrown away, keeping in mind that flammables such as paint and turpentine cannot be stored at our facility
- Purchase your packing supplies and boxes from Eagle Eye Self Storage
- Begin packing items that aren't regularly used, such as items in attics, garages or storage areas. Remember: a de-cluttered house is much more appealing when being sold; some items may be moved to storage units first.
- Keep a list of items being packed and clearly label each carton and room. e.g. Eagle Eye Self Storage - Master Bedroom Box #1. Store packed boxes accordingly to make sorting out and loading on moving day easier
- Keep an updated list of things that need to be returned before your move. e.g. Library Books or DVDs.
- Separate the boxes and luggage needed for yourself and your family during the moving process
- Arrange the transfer of your children's school records to their new school and get the family's dental and medical records
- Start to use up your frozen food from the freezer and try not to add any more until after your move
Four to two weeks prior to moving
- Book your Storage Unit at Eagle Eye Self Storage. If moving yourself; arrange the FREE "Move in" truck or trailer (conditions apply) and book a Moving Equipment Pack and Trolley from Eagle Eye. OR arrange for a Removalist.
- Contact your current insurer to arrange the transfer of your contents insurance policy or speak with Eagle Eye Self Storage staff who can assist in arranging insurance cover for items stored
- Confirm the move with real estate agent / landlord / vendor at new location
- Arrange disconnection and reconnection of:
- Pay TV
- Arrange re-direction of mail with Australia Post
- Ensure all relatives and friends are notified of your new address and contact details
- Cancel deliveries for the old address and rearrange for the new address
- Newspapers and subscriptions
- Milk / Water / Soft Drinks
- Cancel any Gardening, Pet Grooming, Ironing or Cleaning services
- Book Carpet Cleaners and House Cleaners if required
- Plan your movements for moving day (stops, accommodation etc)
Two to one week prior to moving
- Drain fuel from mowers, whipper snipers and other motors before putting them into storage
- Arrange an insurance cover note on thenew residence
- Collect items from drycleaners, return borrowed library books, toys and DVDs
- Organise bus passes if required from the new residence
- Settle outstanding accounts
One week prior to moving
- Use the remaining food in your fridge over the last few days
- Plan for special needs (pets, children, sick family members, etc) prior to, during and after the move. Keep medication and a first aid kit handy. Pack a box with things to assist on the day - tea bags, drinks, biscuits, snacks, mugs, cutlery, towels, soap, toilet paper, screwdrivers, etc.
- Consider having young children or pets looked after on moving day
- Wash and dry laundry
- Ring electricity and gas companies to organise final meter readings
- Finish packing those items you do not need the day of the move
- Confirm key collection for your new residence
The day before
- Empty, defrost and clean fridges and freezers. Check they are completely dry and clean before storing, including any water trays
- Drain water from washing machine and garden hoses
- Pack personal luggage. Carry jewellery and valuable documents or items yourself
- Keep your cleaning equipment separate for the final clean of your old home
- Finish packing items and have them in a central location ready to load onto the transit vehicle
- Inspect your home fully for items left unpacked that may be left behind. e.g. Statues, pot plants etc. Pay special attention to areas outside the house, and cupboards not regularly used
- Make sure the items you need first at your destination are clearly marked
The moving day
- Disassemble beds
- Load the transit vehicle
- Don't leave the house until the movers have left. Oversee the inventory with the movers
- Make sure the gas and electricity meters have been read
- Check the telephone service is disconnected
- Turn off all switches and water heaters at the meter
- Lock doors and windows
- Meet the movers at Eagle Eye Self Storage to unload your truck
- Prior to leaving the storage facility, ensure the unit has been secured with your padlock
Notify Change of Address to:
- Banks / Building Societies / Credit Unions
- Club Memberships
- Doctor / Health Care Providers
- Driver’s Licence / Vehicle Registration / E-Tag
- DVD / Video Store
- Electoral Office
- Family and Friends
- Finance Companies or Advisors
- Magazine or Newspaper Subscriptions
- Medicare and Private Health Funds
- Other Licences – Boat / Fishing / Machinery Operator
- Schools / TAFE / University
- Superannuation Fund
- Taxation Office
Free Truck & Driver Move in Tamworth
24Hour Pin Access
Individually Alarmed Units
Access 365 Days A Year
*Conditions Apply Please Call
Eagle Eye Self Storage FAQs
- What is the minimum amount of time I can take a self storage unit for?
Storage units in our Tamworth premises can be taken for as little time as one month.
- How much notice do I need to provide to obtain a self storage unit?
This depends on unit availability and required unit size. Speak to our professionally trained staff, who will be able to assist with your enquiries.
- How often can I access my self storage unit?
Your unit may be accessed 24 hours, 7 days a week as per the Standard Storage Agreement.
- Can anyone else access my unit?
On rental of a unit, customers will be required to supply their own padlock to secure their unit. Padlocks can be purchased from Eagle Eye Self Storage, Tamworth. Only those you permit to access your unit will be able to do so.
- Can I drive to the door of my self storage unit?
Eagle Eye Self Storage, Tamworth provides wide driveways for easy truck and vehicle access direct to the door of all larger units. Some smaller units are located internally with only a few metres to parking areas.
- Is there anything I cannot store?
Laws limit what may and may not be stored at a Self Storage facility. This includes illegal, stolen or dangerous items; live animals and plants; food items; flammable, explosive, perishable, toxic or environmentally hazardous materials. Items needing environmentally controlled conditions should not be stored. Additional information can be provided by Eagle Eye Self Storage staff.
- Are my possessions insured against damage?
Your possessions are valuable and insurance is recommended. Insurance coverage may be purchased through Eagle Eye Self Storage. Please speak with staff to arrange this coverage.
- Am I eligible to use the free truck to move into my self storage unit?
Eagle Eye Self Storage is happy to be able to provide customers within a 10km radius of the facility, or within the Tamworth City Limits; with a free truck and driver when moving in.
Conditions apply, so please contact Eagle Eye Self Storage staff for further details.
- Do I need a special licence to drive the truck?
Eagle Eye Self Storage staff will drive the truck, so no licence is required.
- Am I eligible to use the free trailer to move into my unit?
Eagle Eye Self Storage is happy to be able to provide customers with a free covered box trailer when moving in. Customers will require a suitably sized vehicle with a tow bar to tow the trailer. Please contact Eagle Eye Self Storage staff for further information.
- Do I need to pay any additional fees?
A one off $20 admin fee is payable on signing the agreement.
- How can I pay for my self storage unit?
Units may be paid for in a number of ways, including, direct deposit, cheque, credit card, or in cash at our onsite office.
- Are the units clean, dry and free of pests?
Our Self Storage units are specially designed and regularly maintained to ensure they are kept dry and secure. Every endeavour is made to provide a pest free environment, including a regular preventative fumigation programme.
- How much notice do I need to give when moving out?
Seven (7) Days notice in writing is required prior to vacating your self storage unit.
- Do I need to have a Self Storage Unit to Hire Moving Packs and Trolleys?
Anyone can hire the Moving Equipment from Eagle Eye Self Storage, however; all customers must sign an agreement when hiring the equipment.
- Do I need to hire Moving Equipment when booking the free Move-In Trailer?
The Free Move-in Trailer does not have this equipment. Hiring the packs will help make your move easier and assist in protecting your goods during the move.
At Eagle Eye Self Storage Tamworth, the security of your possessions is a priority and our storage facility contains advanced security systems.
- Individually Alarmed Units
- Pin Coded Gate Entry
- Security Fencing
- On Site Office and Manager in Tamworth
- 24 Hour Security Surveillance
- Facility Lighting
- Full Fire Protection
- Regular Preventative Fumigation Program
- Insurance Coverage Available for Stored Items